Website: Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Contact: Private Sector Housing
Tel: 0121 569 5232
Address: Private Sector Housing Services, The Council House, High Street, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 3NT
We are always striving to improve our services to private sector landlords.
In addition to the quarterly Landlords Forum and the twice-yearly bespoke magazine the 'Bugle', Sandwell are also part of the Midlands Landlord Accreditation Scheme (MLAS) which offers many benefits to Landlords. Accredited Landlords receive free advertising for all accredited Sandwell properties.
The Housing Standards Team is freely available to offer advice for any issues you have concerning Landlord/Tenant obligations or the physical condition of the property.
Sandwell belongs to the Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme (MLAS), a region wide scheme including Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Walsall, based on the successful London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS).
If you become accredited with one Local Authority, your accreditation is recognised in other participating authorities.
Benefits of accreditation
- Advertise properties in the Council's Property shops free of charge
- Free Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's)
- Priority for any available grants
- Work with Sandwell in housing some of their clients
- Work with the Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DIGs)
- Access to officers at Sandwell council to provide you with help and advice
Click here for Exclusive Services for Accredited Landlords