Landlords will be required to install carbon monoxide alarms in social housing rooms with gas appliances, under new Government plans.

With a huge increase in energy bills this winter, it is feared property owners may forgo servicing their appliances in a bid to afford rising living costs, leaving Brits at risk of accidental poisoning.

More than 50 people died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in 2019 across England and Wales, with more than a third of those deaths taking place at home.

Click on this link to read the rest of this article.