Share this:

This is not uncommon and I think the usual way of dealing with it is to take the money from the deposit. This should be possible provided your tenancy agreement contains suitable clauses regarding the landlords right to deduct for rent arrears.

If there is no deposit, or if all the deposit has been used up to pay for damage to the property, then you have a problem.

Click this link to read the full article.