(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.data-privacy-src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-103959986-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');

Where To Get Help

Where To Get Help2017-04-25T16:25:31+00:00


Department for Communities & Local Government (CLG)

Responsible for policy on housing, planning, regional and local Government and the fire service. Provides a range of useful information and leaflets. www.communities.gov.uk

Department of Work & Pensions

Provides benefits and services for a wide range of people including Housing Benefit. www.dwp.gov.uk


Links to Government departments and local council websites. www.gov.uk

The Court Service

For court forms and information leaflets. www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk

The Residential Property Tribunal

For information about the work of the rent assessment committees and their jurisdiction under the Housing Act 2004. www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/residential-property

Health & Safety Executive

For information about gas safety. www.hse.gov.uk

Competition and Markets Authority

Consumer advice and guidance on unfair terms in tenancy agreements. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority


Responsible for overseeing local authority regulation. www.lacors.gov.uk

Housing Network

Online housing and real estate news resource. www.housingnetwork.co.uk

Department of Business Innovation & Skills www.berr.gov.uk

Valuation Office Agency


Planning Portal

Online planning and building regulations resource. www.planningportal.gov.uk

HM Revenue & Customs


Ministry of Justice

Includes information on Civil Procedure Rules. www.justice.gov.uk

Residential Property Tribunal Service (RPTS)

Public body that can decide many Rent and Leasehold disputes. www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/residential-property




The Leasehold Advisory Service

For landlords of flats on long leases who may have problems with their freeholder. www.lease-advice.org

Gas Safe Register


Electrical Safety Council


Energy Efficiency Partnership for Buildings


Equality and Human Rights Commission

Providing advice and guidance to promote equality and human rights. www.equalityhumanrights.com

Consumer Focus


Energy Performance Certificate and Home Condition Report Registers

Search for Domestic Energy Assessors (DEAs) www.hcrregister.com

Electrical Safety Council (ESC)

An independent charity committed to reducing deaths and injuries through electrical accidents. www.esc.org.uk

Unipol Student Homes

A charity established to help students find the best housing they can, to drive up standards and to be a beacon of good practice for other housing suppliers. www.unipol.org.uk

The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK)

The national body that publicises, promotes and shares good practice in accreditation. www.anuk.org.uk

Universities UK (UUK)

Administers one Government-approved national scheme for buildings controlled and managed by educational establishments. www.universitiesuk.ac.uk

Deposit Protection Services Deposit Protection Service

tel: 0844 4727 000 www.depositprotection.com

The Dispute Service

tel: 0845 226 7837 www.thedisputeservice.co.uk


t:el: 0844 980 0290 www.mydeposits.co.uk

Redress Schemes Property Redress Scheme

tel: 0333 321 9418 https://www.theprs.co.uk

The Property Ombudsman

tel: 01722 333306 http://www.tpos.co.uk/index.htm

Ombudsman Services – Property

tel: 0330 440 1634 http://www.ombudsman-services.org/property.html



find a business banner


We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from.
Click here to see more information on our cookies.
By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.
I Accept